The Rough Guide to the USA
Make the most of your time on Earth with the ultimate travel guides.
World-renowned ‘tell it like it is’ travel guide, now with free eBook.
Discover the USA with this comprehensive and entertaining travel guide, packed with practical information and honest recommendations by our independent experts. Whether you plan to soak up the atmosphere at a Boston baseball game, marvel at the sheer canyons in Yellowstone National Park, or hit the world-class museums and nightlife of New York, The Rough Guide to the USA will help you discover the best places to explore, eat, drink, shop and sleep along the way.
Features of this travel guide to USA:
– Detailed regional coverage: provides practical information for every kind of trip, from off-the-beaten-track adventures to chilled-out breaks in popular tourist areas
– Honest and independent reviews: written with Rough Guides’ trademark blend of humour, honesty and expertise, our writers will help you make the most from your trip to the USA
– Meticulous mapping: practical full-colour maps, with clearly numbered, colour-coded keys. Find your way around New Orlean’s’ French Quarter, New York City, San Diego, Anchorage and many more locations without needing to get online
– Fabulous full-colour photography: features inspirational colour photography, including Vermont’s fiery-orange autumn trees, a Spanish moss-laden park in Savannah, the snowy wonderland of Oregon’s Crater Lake National Park and rugged bison roaming the epic great plains of North Dakota
– Time-saving itineraries: carefully planned routes will help inspire and inform your on-the-road experiences
– Things not to miss: Rough Guides’ rundown of the best sights and top experiences to be found in the USA, from the bright lights of Vegas and New York, to national parks and a classic Californian road trip
– Travel tips and info: packed with essential pre-departure information including getting around, accommodation, food and drink, health, the media, festivals, sports and outdoor activities, culture and etiquette, shopping and more
– Background information: comprehensive ‘Contexts’ chapter provides fascinating insights into Scotland with coverage of history, religion, ethnic groups, environment, wildlife and books, plus a handy language section and glossary
– The ultimate travel tool: download the free eBook to access all this from your phone or tablet
– Covers: New York City, The Mid-Atlantic, New England, The Great Lakes, The Capital Region, The South, Florida, Louisiana, Texas, The Great Plains, The Rockies, The Southwest, California, The Pacific Northwest, Alaska, Hawaii
You may also be interested in: Rough Guide to Southwest USA
About Rough Guides: Rough Guides have been inspiring travellers for over 35 years, with over 30 million copies sold globally. Synonymous with practical travel tips, quality writing and a trustworthy ‘tell it like it is’ ethos, the Rough Guides list includes more than 260 travel guides to 120+ destinations, gift-books and phrasebooks.
Standard Delivery Fees
Delivery – From just $4.50 per shipment
Delivery starts out at just $4.50 per shipment. As the size and weight of shipments increase, so does the freight price. To ensure every customer pays a fair price for delivery, an exact shipping price will be displayed to you in the checkout based on the size and weight of the products in your order and your delivery address.
If your order contains a mix of in stock and out of stock products, you will be presented with a choice in the Checkout to have your order sent in multiple shipments (so in stock items ship as soon as they're ready), or all items together in a single shipment (to save money). Using a single shipment will mean in stock items are held back until out of stock items are ready. e.g.
The following delivery options are presented in the Checkout as optional upgrades for your order.
NZ Post Courier / Express Tonight Delivery – $5.60-$19.50 per shipment
If you live in Auckland, Hamilton, Wellington or Christchurch and in a qualifying inner-city suburb, Mighty Ape can deliver in-stock products between 6pm – 9pm on the same day your order is dispatched.
Signature Required – $2.50 per shipment
If you don’t want NZ Post Courier to leave your parcel unattended please select the signature required option. This is especially recommended for high-value items. Neither Courier Post nor Mighty Ape are liable for parcels that are stolen, damaged or lost after an item has been delivered.
Rural Delivery – $3.50 per shipment
If you live at a rural address you must select the Rural Delivery option in the Checkout for your item to be delivered. Unfortunately, we must charge this additional fee because rural delivery operators are subcontracted by NZ Post Courier to deliver your parcel from the nearest Post Office. NZ Post Courier on-charge this fee to Mighty Ape.
Saturday Delivery – $4.50 per shipment
If you order an “In Stock at Mighty Ape” item on Friday before the cut off time you will have the option to select Saturday Delivery. Please note Saturday Delivery is not available in all areas.
Specification: The Rough Guide to the USA (Travel Guide with Free eBook)